In the fashion industry, uniqueness is the key to success. This applies to pretty much everything that’s connected to the industry – catwalks, fashion shows, products & design, styling, and brands. The fashion eCommerce world makes no exception to this rule. Moreover, the online fashion world is so competitive and so fierce, that businesses have to constantly stay ahead of the game by implementing various strategies to attract more customers and grow their sales.
According to Statista, the fashion and apparel industry is expected to rise from $481.2 billion in 2018 to an astonishing $712.9 billion by 2022. Wow!
Let’s see how you can stand out from the crowd and make your fashion eCommerce store better!
- Visual search
Most websites use the typical search bar, but imagine the search process starting off from an image. This is much more fun for the users and in the fashion industry, having visual elements on the website engages more customers and helps them find products easier.
WideEyes is a great software you can use to implement a visual search on your fashion eCommerce website.
- Virtual fittings
How can your customers make sure your products fit them? Size guides aren’t always reliable and they tend to get ignored by users. A virtual fitting feature on your website will go a long way for your shoppers.
The Virtooal app increases customer experience and satisfaction. Users can play around with jewelry, apparel, sunglasses, and makeup.
Engage your shoppers with an automated AI responder to reflect your brand’s voice and help users with their choices. A fashion chatbot can act as a personal stylist.
Zebo offers customized chatbot solutions for eCommerce stores.
Allow your customers to play with your products and create their own outfits. You can invest in creating a free app for your shoppers and even create contests with the looks they put together. The more your visitors engage, the more they will buy.
- Use original and high-quality images – multiple photos of an item from all angles.
- Use the zoom feature for your products.
- Create a “lookbook” with ready-to-wear outfits as well as the “shop-the-look” section.
- Offer product details – fabrics, origin, etc.
- Have a “similar product” suggestion section.
- Have a “complete the look” suggestion section and advertise complementary products.
- Create smart and appealing promotional banners on product and category pages.
- Include videos on product pages.
- Include relevant keywords in product descriptions.
- Offer sizing information and options.
- Add social share to the product pages.
- Display customer reviews on the product pages.
- Implement a “How customers styled it” section where your visitors can see how the product looks like on an existing customer.
- Add interactive elements on product pages – social sharing, price toggling, shipping customization, easy forms, etc.
- Be mobile-friendly.
- Use simple forms, make it easy for your visitors to fill in the necessary information.
- Have a simple and fast checkout process.
- Have excellent customer support.
- Determine your email marketing frequency based on customer data and insights.
- Personalize your emails with the person’s name and location.
- Send welcome emails, sale offers emails, specific product promotion emails and news emails.
- Automate this process by using tools such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.
- Offer rewards and loyalty programs on your website.
- Create original content for your marketing materials.
- Rely on analytics to build your marketing objectives and strategies.
- Use customer segmentation in your email list.
- Use A/B testing to see which strategy is more efficient.
- Show off reviews in your marketing campaigns.
- Offer discounts.
SOCIAL MEDIA TIPS
- Post frequently on social media
- Optimize your audience on Facebook
- Use contests to draw visitors
- Share product videos
- Collect feedback and create special marketing promotions based on that
- Use Facebook & Instagram ads
- Handle complaints with a lot of care
- Share deals and discounts
- Use hashtags
- Add calls to action
- Work with influencers to grow your brand awareness
- Share “behind the curtain” photos and videos
- Use the “Pin it” button to your products on Pinterest
Need more information about how to improve your online shop? Talk to our experts – contact us!